View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HatchetKill
Supreme S!nner
Supreme S!nner

Scorpio Dragon
Hell Yeahs : 16

PostSubject: There is only WAR! - Reveiw   Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Patch 1.4 looks quite ok so far, but there are some balance problems still. I play mostly Eldars and SM, so i would focus on them -

Global Powers

The reduce in cost of lower tier GP was great move, make them much more useful and effectively improve your army. However the reduce income of GP resource (Zeal, Psychic Might, Biomass...) is simply nullifying this - in most of the 3v3 game i never reach enough red resource to ever use any of the WMD. Barely ever get enough to use some reinforcement GP like Terminators or Seer Council. To improve this all the GP resource income should be return to state as was before patch 1.4. This way the lower tier GP will be used to great extend, while there still be possibility to reach enough resource for high-tier powers more easily.

Some GP where changed to worst - the first of this is Drop Pods. This things are now very underwhelming. I am not even going to comment how computer is using them, since he probably still has in data that it produce a Tactical Squad, but i think SM could really used a fast deployed unit like this. So i think the whole Drop Pods GP should be return as it was before 1.4 - bringing 1 tactical squad, now for cost like 300req/300red.

Webway gates - they are totally useless, sorry but even in Battle Reports - when you going to show Eldars, i am sure many wanted to see a brilliant use of a new Webway gates. Well their cost i think was reduced and they take less population , but they are still poor. To distinguished them more from a Ravenear Tunnels, which are base hero ability, Webway Gates should do much more. So give them Stealth right as they are finished building, also make them heal nearby units (a bit slower then base, but still) and possibly allows them to transport vehicles as well.

Farsight - this ability is utterly worthless, everyone agree that it is worst GP in game. Not only should Farsight be detecting stealth units in target area, but also add-up some special effect - like all enemy units would lost cover bonuses or take increase damage for a time.

Space Marines -

Scouts - they seems to be quite ok now, got very popular with use of a shotguns special ability, but they are still fragile. I probably would`t change anything on them.

Tactical Marines - heavy armor was a great improvement from what was in original - despite of what SM player cry about. Its a fact now that tanks will devastate them, and make more sense for SM players to go up to T3 and get a predator. Also Flamers are fantastic, many players don`t use them, since they always saving space for a Plasma Gun , but in t1 against many infantry Flamethrowers are great. The bigger problem however is their cost. I think tactical marines should have reduced cost to 400, even in DoW1 they was`t so expensive and this change could make them more effective in t1. If it would caused problems in later tiers then you could increase cost of a selected wargear or sergeant.

Devastator squad - both HB and Plasma Devastator squad should become one, with Plasma Devastator as upgrade in t2, that counteract with Focused Aim. Also power cost from them should be removed, so Devastators could be fielded right at start of the game, as it was before patch 1.4.

ASM - they cost too much, no matter what you do, they should have reduced cost to like 500/25 or 450/40. They need to be more easy to get and used against those setup teams, ranged infantry or other stationary defense in t1, and the fact that they would be less expensive would`t cause such a huge setback on SM progression to T2, where are tanks that can deal with them.
Also this - whole reduction in cost would allows SM to have more squad. SM has very hard time in 1v1 , where there are no "lines" against other players(like 3v3). Those maps are simply too big for them, and when you got 2 squads and enemy has 5-6 you got no chance to win no matter what, because he will simply outmaneuver you.

Rest of the SM seems fine, same as heroes, though i am a bit disappointed from nerfing the Thunder Hammer.

Eldar

Fleet o Foot should be return as a base ability to all Eldar infantry(excpet WS) as was before 1.4 and reduced it energy cost back to 20 energy.

Guardians - they are fine. Though i think that Battle Gear upgrade should have reduced power cost to like 50/10.

Howling Banshee's - i think moving them to t1 was a huge mistake. They should have changed cost to 400/20 and instead moved Shuriken Platform to t1 without power cost, just as Devastator Squad. Also their damage is nice, and they are finally effective , but i think they should have reduced numbers of squad members to like 3+exarch or 4+exarch, so they feel more unique and not like guardians 5+warlock, who are just a militia. This would also reduce their damage against squad with more members, so they would be less effective against a huge swarm, while still deadly against individual units/heroes or squads with less numbers. Also their health should be increase so that when there are 3 members in squad, the whole squad would have like 750 health(250 one). Once they would be fewer, you could bring back their awesome jump attack, which i and i am sure even other miss a lot. Overall they would feel more unique and more "elite" against what they are now - more of a base soldiers then anything special. And also the fact they would be more expensive would justify them being able to devastate marines heavy armor or other armored units with their power weapons.
Also - to add to this, i would very much like to see them have t3 upgrade for Stealth , for a cost like 100/25. That would allow them to be still effective even in t3 , where are many long range artillery and other heavy weaponry.

Rangers - they are still fragile, maybe increase their individual health at least by 20 or 30 to 390 for whole squad. Otherwise they seem quite special and overall it was a improvement of what they where before. Their damage against individual infantry is awesome and the fact that they need deployment still gives a chance for countering them.

Shuriken Platform - Should be moved back to what was before 1.4, as a starting unit instead of Banshee's. Also - this was suggested more then once, similar thing to what i would like to see with Devastators. Both Bright Lance Platform and D-cannon should be changed to upgrades for Shuriken Platform. Thus it would grant it additional usefulness and possibility of improvement in later tiers, where AI cannon might not be so useful as AV support or a long range artillery.

Warp Spiders - they are finally good - they move slowly, compared to other Eldar units, while having powerful armor, teleportation ability and a strong weapons. They are expensive, so are a bit of a change compared to other Eldar units. This was another good balance improvement, also thanks for the fix to grenades.

Wraithlord - nothing bad about this guy - he still has a bug with Shuriken Cannon, that he changed his attack to melee instead of range, so once that is fixed i think he will be ok.

Falcon and Fire Prism - ridicules units, players been saying for months that their speed needs to go up by a lot. Its the main point of hover vehicle. If you don`t want to change their speed, then both had to have greatly increase damage and armor. Falcon should also has changed cost to like 375/70 or 400/60. Fire Prism needs damage boost on both his attack modes and a health boost - like 150-200 health.

Avatar - still needs changed targeting of Wailing Doom to something like a setting up weapons, so its more easily to used. His armor should be changed to a full vehicle , since he seems to take too much damage now - and with this change he would be only vulnerable to AV or Power weapons.

Seer Council - should probably get some kind of wargear improvements, something like Terminators has, but for a gain of some spell or other ability. Like an Emboldment or some lighting attack like where having Grey Knights in DoW1.

Orks

Slugga Flamers should probably not be considered a power weapons, to make them less effective against SM. Overall Orks just stomp over SM, since their "mini Banshee's" - Slugga boyz are at half the cost of Eldars and just swarm over everything - the removal of power cost for Devastators could improve this though.

Tyranids

Ravenear Brood should have much less health - like 800-900 whole squad. And the damage of their ranged attack - devourer should only be effective against infantry.

Rippers Spawned by Carnifex should have limited duration to like 30 seconds, and their release should somehow "disable" carnifex for like 5 seconds - something like Wraithbone Synergy of Wraithlord. Also - Rippers should not be able to capture anything.

Last edited by HatchetKill on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snners.darkbb.com
Buzurk
Supreme S!nner
Supreme S!nner

Capricorn Goat
Hell Yeahs : 8

PostSubject: Re: There is only WAR! - Reveiw   Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:41 pm

WOW lotta reading there

Supreme S!nner
Supreme S!nner